The Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology degree is a comprehensive and multifaceted preparation for professional Christian counselors to effectively meet the mental health and relationship needs of diverse people groups and families in California and underserved populations throughout the world. This preparation includes knowledge of the historical, foundational, and evidence-based theories of psychology, counseling, and systemic marriage and family therapy from a biblical philosophy, the clinical competence training in skills and qualities necessary for effective therapy, a global and multidimensional perspective of health and pathology, and a personal and professional preparation for leadership and community intervention.
Upon completion of the program, students will
be able to:
1. Apply foundational knowledge and theories
in context of a biblical philosophy to professional practice.
2. Assess, diagnose, plan, and implement an
array of treatment modalities in the professional mental health profession.
3. Demonstrate effective intercultural communication
and multicultural counseling skills
to collaborate with clients in a variety of settingsconsidering individual client characteristics and goals.
4. Integrate a biblical philosophy, state and local laws and professional standards for consistent ethical behavior in the mental health profession.
5. Use advanced counseling skills to implement
appropriate interventions for individuals, couples, families, children,
adolescents, and groups.
60 Units, 2-3 Year flexible program, Go-at-your-own-pace, Pay-as-you-go, Start anytime
Complete this form and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours
(760) 303-4181 Fax 619-463-2522
8050 La Mesa Blvd., La Mesa, CA 91942
Hours of Operation: 24/7 by phone
In-person: Monday-Saturday 2pm-5pm